Neighbourhood Christian Communities
In Catholic teaching, community is indispensable for Christian discipleship. This emphasis on community is evident in the teaching of our Lord that the love of God and the love of neighbour are closely connected (Matthew 22:36-40). Faith is to be lived through community life.
Community comes from God’s own inner-life. The intimacy between God the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit is reflected in human nature in our desire to love God and one another. We are created in the image and likeness of God who is Holy Trinity.
A Neighbourhood Christian Community is:
1. A group of Christ’s disciples located within a particular neighbourhood
2. Small enough for close relationship in Christian community life
3. Inclusive enough to recognise and admit different kinds of people who bear different gifts from God
4. Affiliated to the parish by an active connection to the Parish Priests
5. Where Catholics live out their eucharistic faith; sharing life and contemplating the Word of God together
If you like to know more or wish to be part of a Neighbourhood Christian Community, contact Simon Goh at 9270 9562 or email [email protected]