CATECHISM FOR CHILDREN & TEENS
Catechism in COTT is the faith formation programme for Catholic children and youth that aims to:
- Prepare them to be witnesses and disciples of Christ in proclaiming the Word of God
- Open the way for children and youth to experience the love of God by developing a therapeutic relationship between God and them through prayer and the Gospels; and to be a beacon of love to others;
- Provide a strong foundation in the knowledge of our faith;
- Nurture them to become God-fearing , independent, responsible, mature and skillful individuals; and
- Develop communities through friendship.
“Go, therefore, make disciples of all the nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you” (Mt 28:19-20)
Commencement of 2022 Catechism Sessions
Catechism session for all levels EXCEPT L7 & L10 will commence on 23 & 24 April 2022. Please note the following venues for the catechism sessions:
|K1, K2 & L1||Via zoom until further notice|
|K1, K2 & L1||Via zoom until further notice|
|L2 & L3||Via zoom: 23 April 2022 – 22 May 2022|
On-site: From 2 July 2022 on-wards
|L4, L5 & L6||Via zoom until further notice|
|L7||Catechism commencement delayed until further notice (No catechists)|
|L8||Via zoom until further notice|
|L9||On-site: From 23 April 2022 on-wards|
|K1, K2 & L1||On-site (catechism sessions have already commenced since 26 March 2022)|
|(Venue and schedule are subject to changes)|
In the meantime, kindly note that we are still in need of catechists and catechism sessions may be disrupted due to a shortage of manpower.
If you are interested to join us as a catechist/assistant catechist, please register your interest at https://forms.gle/dmqrunw9XExxnyPj6
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, catechism sessions in 2022 for all levels will continue to be conducted via Zoom, unless otherwise stated.
Catechism Session Timings (Zoom)
Catechism session timings were adjusted to allow sufficient time for families to travel to COTT for Mass; or to travel home from COTT after Mass. Kindly note the following Zoom catechism session timings:
|Session Day & Time||Levels|
|Saturday, 2.00pm – 3.00pm||K1, K2, L1, L2, L3 & L4|
|Saturday, 6.00pm – 7.00pm||L5, L6, L7, L8, L9 & L10|
|Sunday, 9.00am – 10.00am||K1, K2, L1, L2, L3 & L4|
Catechism Session Timings (On-site)
When catechism sessions resume on-site in COTT, catechism session timings will revert to as follows:
|Session Day & Time||Levels|
|Saturday, 2.00pm – 3.30pm||K1, K2, L1, L2, L3 & L4|
|Saturday, 5.30pm – 7.00pm||L5, L6, L7, L8, L9 & L10|
|Sunday, 9.00am – 10.30am||K1, K2, L1, L2, L3 & L4|
Updated on 17/11/2021
2022 Catechism Registration Exercise
Registration for 2022 catechism is now closed until further notice.
If your child is not baptised and you would like to register your child for catechism, please e-mail to us at [email protected]
The registration procedure fis as follows:
- Please click here to download the 2022 Catechism Registration Form.
Please scan and e-mail the following documents to [email protected]:
- Children & Teens Catechism Registration Form duly completed and signed by both parents (hereinafter called “Registration Form”);
- Baptism and First Holy Communion Certificates (if applicable); and
- Copy of your child’s/ward’s Birth Certificate.
Please send the original Registration Form with the copy of your child’s/ward’s Baptism & First Holy Communion Certificates (if applicable) to COTT by:
COTT Catechetical Office
Church of the Transfiguration
51 Punggol Central Singapore 828725
– OR –
Dropping the Registration Form and requisite documents (in a sealed envelope attention to the Catechetical Office) into COTT’s Mailbox (see picture below, located under the signage “51 Punggol Central”).
The original Registration Form and requisite documents shall reach our office latest by :
- Phase 2 Registration Deadline – 19 Dec 2021
- Phase 3 Registration Deadline – 9 Jan 2022
- In the meantime, the Catechetical Office shall provide you with payment instructions via e-mail upon receipt of the Registration Form and requisite documents by e-mail.
The Catechetical Office shall also send a confirmation e-mail to you upon the following:
- Verification of the particulars stated in the Registration Form;
- Verification and receipt of Payment; and
- Receipt of the original hardcopy of the Registration Form and the requisite documents.
This confirmation e-mail shall also contain detailed information/instructions to prepare your child for Catechism in COTT.
- Please note that the copy of your child’s/ward’s Baptism Certificate and First Holy Communion Certificate (if applicable) will be kept by the Catechetical Office for record purposes, while the e-mailed copy of your child’s/ward’s Birth Certificate will be deleted immediately after the Catechetical Office has verified the particulars stated in the Registration Form.
- Kindly be reminded to check your email inbox (spam and junk folders, if necessary) regularly for e-mails sent by [email protected] Alternatively, please add [email protected] into your permitted senders in your e-mail service.
2022 Catechism Fees
Catechism fees for the 2022 Catechism Programme is as followed:
For Children Who Were Enrolled in COTT’s Catechism Programme in 2021
Catechism fees of $10 per child per year is payable at the time of registration.
For Children Registering in COTT’s Catechism Porgramme for the First Time in COTT
Catechism fees of $50 per child per year is payable at the time of registration.
If you require financial assistance, please e-mail us at [email protected]
Distribution of Bibles & Journals
Children’s bibles will be issued to:
- Children who are enrolled in the COTT’s L1 Catechism Programme for 2022; and
- L2 – L4 children who are enrolled in COTT’s 2022 Catechism Programme for the first time;
Youth bibles will be issued to:
- Children who are enrolled in COTT’s L5 Catechism Programme for 2022; and
- L6 – L8 children/teens who are enrolled in COTT’s 2022 Catechism Programme for the first time.
1 journal will also be issued to every child/teen in L4 to L10 who is enrolled in the 2022 Catechism Programme.
Date(s) for the distribution of bibles and journals will be annouced in ClassDojo and in this website later.
All parents/guardians whose children/wards are enrolled in the 2022 Catechism Programme are required to download and install the ClassDojo App into their mobile phones. This app maybe downloaded from Apple’s App Store or Google Play.
A ClassDojo invite will be emailed to you in due course for parents/guardians to connect to their child’s/ward’s Catechism class. Please check your e-mail’s Junk or Spam folder if necessary;
Please note that all communications, notifications, and announcements regarding COTT’s Catechism Programme will be made via ClassDojo.
COTT needs plenty of help to carry out our Catechetical Programme.
We are looking for…
- Catechists / Assistant Catechists (with or without experience);
- Facilitators to journey with our teens in our Sacrament of Confirmation Preparation Programme
- Trained Professionals in handling children with special needs or Volunteers with experience in handling children with special needs;
- Musicians to support our Catechetical Programme;
- Administrators; and
- Parent Volunteers
Please click here to register your interest in joining us as a volunteer and we shall get in touch with you soon on the next briefing session for new volunteers.
[ Next recruitment briefing session on Monday, 30 May 2022, 8pm via Zoom ]
In the meantime, if you have any queries or require any clarification, please feel free to e-mail to us.
Thank You and God Bless!