CATECHISM FOR CHILDREN & TEENS
Catechism in COTT is the faith formation programme for Catholic children and youth that aims to:
- Prepare them to be witnesses and disciples of Christ in proclaiming the Word of God
- Open the way for children and youth to experience the love of God by developing a therapeutic relationship between God and them through prayer and the Gospels; and to be a beacon of love to others;
- Provide a strong foundation in the knowledge of our faith; and
- Nurture them to become independent, responsible, mature and God-fearing young adults.
“Go, therefore, make disciples of all the nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you” (Mt 28:19-20)
EASTER WEEKEND – NO CATECHISM
The Catechetical Ministry wishes all children and parents a Blessed Holy Week
Catechism will resume on 27 & 28 April 2019.
Next Children’s Mass is on 4 & 5 May 2019.
Please be reminded that all children and teens are required to attend mass every week. Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of your child/children from our catechism programme.
|2.00pm – 3.30pm||K1, K2, L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, & L6|
|5.30pm – 7.00pm||Sacrament of Confirmation Preparation Levels (L7 & L8 only)|
|9.00am – 10.30am||K1, K2, L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, & L6|
COTT is not conducting catechism in preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation for levels L9 & L10 in 2019.
2019 Catechism Calendar
2019 Catechism Registration Exercise ended on 18 Nov 2018.
The Catechetical Office will continue to accept registration forms when our office re-open on 16 Feb 2019. However, please note that registration and acceptance is on a first come first serve basis subject to vacancy.
Please obtain the following forms from the Parish Office, Catechetical Office or click here to download.
You may wish to type directly into this form before printing it. To do so, please download the form into your computer before typing.
|Form B||For children who are registering for Catechism in COTT for the first time.|
|Children who are attending Catechism in COTT this year will be given the re-registration form (Form A) by their Catechists.|
Results for the registration exercise will be made known on 17 December 2018 . Please keep a look out for announcements during mass, in the Parish’s bulletin and in this website.
- Participate / be part of the catechetical programme;
- Ensure that their child/children attains at least 75% attendance;
- Ensure that their child/children attend mass regularly;
- Encourage child/children to go for regular confessions
We are looking for…
- Catechists / Catechist Assistants (with or without experience);
- Musicians to support our Catechetical Programme;
- Trained Professionals in handling children with special needs or Volunteers with experience in handling children with special needs;
- Catechetical Administrators; and
- Parent Volunteers
Training will be provided for all Catechists joining COTT.
Interested? Please e-mail us at [email protected]
To contact us, please e-mail to c[email protected]
The Catechetical Office will be closed until 16 Feb 2019. In the meantime, please email to us for any enquiries.
Catechetical Office (level 5, room 5.2) Operating Hours :
Saturday – 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
Sunday – 8.30am to 10.30am
Closed when catechism is not in session.