CATECHISM FOR CHILDREN & TEENS
Catechism in COTT is the faith formation programme for Catholic children and youth that aims to:
- Prepare them to be witnesses and disciples of Christ in proclaiming the Word of God
- Open the way for children and youth to experience the love of God by developing a therapeutic relationship between God and them through prayer and the Gospels; and to be a beacon of love to others;
- Provide a strong foundation in the knowledge of our faith; and
- Nurture them to become God-fearing , independent, responsible, mature and skillful young adults.
“Go, therefore, make disciples of all the nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you” (Mt 28:19-20)
Start of 2020 Catechism Sessions Postponed
In view of the current 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-NCoV) situation, Catechism sessions are suspended temporarily as advise by the Archdiocese. The start of Catechism sessions will be postponed until 1 March 2020 or later .
This is also to allow the Parish to put in place measures and resources required, in line with the Chancery Notice (CHN/CN/2020/004 dated 29 January 2020).
Please check this website and COTT’s Facebook regularly for updates on the actual start of Catechism sessions.
New Registration/ Re-registration for 2020 Catechism Sessions
Due to the lack of Catechists, new registration/ re-registration is not available until further notice.
If you are interested in joining us as a volunteer, please email to us at [email protected]
Please be reminded that all children and teens are required to attend mass every week. Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of your child/children from our catechism programme.
Catechism Timings (w.e.f 2020)
|2.00pm – 3.30pm||Kindergarten Levels : K1 & K2; and
Primary Levels : L1, L2, L3 & L4 only.
|5.30pm – 7.00pm||Primary Levels : L5 & L6; and
Secondary Levels: L7, L8 & L9 only
|9.00am – 10.30am||Kindergarten Levels : K1 & K2; and
Primary Levels : L1, L2, L3 & L4 only.
The Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation is a 4-year programme (for L7 – L10). The celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation for the first time in COTT for L10 will be held in 2021. We will not be conducting any Catechism Sessions for L10 in 2020. We will also not be accepting new teens into our L9 class in 2020
2020 Catechism Calendar
COTT will commence registration/re-registration for 2020 Catechism on 17 August 2019.
- For children who are currently attending Catechism in COTT; and
- For children who are registering for Catechism in COTT for the first time with sibling(s) who are attending Catechism in COTT this year.
|Saturdays :||17, 24 & 31 Aug 2019 (1.30pm – 3.30pm)|
|Sundays :||18 & 25 Aug 2019; and 1 Sep 2019 (8.30am – 10.30am)|
- For children are not eligible for Phase 1; and
- For children who live within the district of Punggol.
|Saturdays :||21 & 28 Sep 2019; and 5 Oct 2019 (1.30pm – 3.30pm)|
|Sundays :||22 & 29 Sep 2019; and 6 Oct 2019 (8.30am – 10.30am)|
- For children are not eligible for Phase 1 and Phase 2; and
- For children who live outside the district of Punggol.
|Saturdays :||19 Oct 2019(1.30pm – 3.30pm)|
|Sundays :||20 Oct 2019 (8.30am – 10.30am)|
Please note the following:
- For levels K1 to L6, vacancies are limited to 40 – 48 children per level per session time slot. Places are allocated based on registration phases and on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Registration for 2020 Catechism closes on Sun, 20 October 2019, 10.30am. Our office will not accept and process any registration forms after this day.
- Registration for 2020 Catechism will not be available on the first day of Catechism (Welcome Party 2020).
- For those who missed the registration Phases stated above, kindly submit the registration forms after the second week of Catechism in 2020. Allocation will be subjected to vacancy availability.
Please obtain the following forms from the Parish Office, Catechetical Office or click here to download (Updated as of 1 Sep 2019).
|Form A||Children who are attending Catechism in COTT this year will be given the re-registration form (Form A) by their Catechists.|
|For children who are registering for Catechism in COTT for the first time.|
We do not accept registration forms via e-mail.
- Participate / be part of the catechetical programme;
- Ensure that their child/children attains at least 75% attendance;
- Ensure that their child/children attend mass regularly;
- Encourage child/children to go for regular confessions
We are looking for…
- Catechists / Catechist Assistants (with or without experience);
- Musicians to support our Catechetical Programme;
- Trained Professionals in handling children with special needs or Volunteers with experience in handling children with special needs;
- Catechetical Administrators; and
- Parent Volunteers
Training will be provided for all Catechists joining COTT.
Interested? Please e-mail us at [email protected]
To contact us, please e-mail to [email protected]
Catechetical Office (level 5, room 5.2) Operating Hours :
Saturday – 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
Sunday – 8.30am to 10.30am
Closed when catechism is not in session.