CATECHISM FOR CHILDREN & TEENS
Catechism in COTT is the faith formation programme for Catholic children and youth that aims to:
- Prepare them to be witnesses and disciples of Christ in proclaiming the Word of God
- Open the way for children and youth to experience the love of God by developing a therapeutic relationship between God and them through prayer and the Gospels; and to be a beacon of love to others;
- Provide a strong foundation in the knowledge of our faith; and
- Nurture them to become independent, responsible, mature and God-fearing young adults.
“Go, therefore, make disciples of all the nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you” (Mt 28:19-20)
RESULTS OF REGISTRATION FOR 2019 CATECHISM PROGRAMME
Your child/ children/ ward has/ have been accepted into the 2019 Catechism Programme in COTT, according to the requested Catechism time slot, if:
- your child’s/ children’s/ ward’s registration form(s) was/ were submitted during the registration period from 13 October 2018 – 18 November 2018; and
- a receipt/ receipts was/ were issued for the payment of 2019 Catechism Programme fees.
(This is only applicable for the registration exercise for 2019 Catechism)
2019 CATECHISM REGISTRATION (FOR THOSE WHO HAVE YET TO/ MISSED the REGISTRATION DURING THE REGISTRATION EXERCISE)
Registration exercise for 2019 Catechism is now closed. Our Catechetical Office will be accepting registration forms on 16 & 17 Feb 2019 at the following timings:
- Sat, 16 February: 1.30pm – 3.30pm and;
- Sun, 17 February: 8.30am – 10.30am
Registration will take place at Level 2 (outside Adoration Room). Please bring along the duly completed registration form(s), requisite document(s) and payment of S$50 per child.
Kindly note that registration and acceptance is on a first come first serve basis, subjected to vacancy.
2019 CATECHISM COMMENCEMENT DATE
Catechism Programme for 2019 for all levels (K1 – L8) will commence on Sat, 16 & Sun, 17 Feb 2019.
All children (K1 to L8) are to report to the assembly area at level 1 at the following timings:
- Sat, 16 February: by 1:45pm for attendance taking
Programme begins at 2:00pm sharp.
- Sun, 17 February: by 8:45pm for attendance taking
Programme begins at 9:00am sharp.
Subsequent sessions will be held as usual according to Catechism Programme schedule :
- Saturday : 2:00pm – 3:30pm (for K1 – L6 children);
- Saturday : 5:50pm – 7:00pm (for L7 & L8 children); and
- Sunday : 9:00am – 10.30am (for K1 – L6 children)
BRIEFING FOR PARENTS
If your child/ children/ ward is/ are attending Catechism Programme for K1 – L6 for the first time, please note that you are required to attend a briefing session. The briefing details are as follows:
- Session 1 : Sat, 16 February 2019, 2:15pm – 3:15pm; or
- Session 2 : Sun, 17 February 2019, 9:15am – 10.15am
Both briefing sessions will be held at COTT Auditorium, Level 3.
Please note that parents/ guardians are required to attend 1 session only.
A separate briefing will be held in March 2019 for all parents & guardians whose child/ children/ wards is/ are enrolled in the L7 & L8 catechism programme. More details will be provided later.
Next Children’s Mass is on 5 & 6 Jan 2019.
Please be reminded that all children and teens are required to attend mass every week. Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of your child/children from our catechism programme.
|2.00pm – 3.30pm||K1, K2, L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, & L6|
|5.30pm – 7.00pm||Sacrament of Confirmation Preparation Levels (L7 & L8 only)|
|9.00am – 10.30am||K1, K2, L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, & L6|
COTT is not conducting catechism in preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation for levels L9 & L10 in 2019.
2019 Term Calendar
To be advised.
2019 Catechism Registration Exercise ended on 18 Nov 2018.
The Catechetical Office will continue to accept registration forms when our office re-open on 16 Feb 2019. However, please note that registration and acceptance is on a first come first serve basis subject to vacancy.
Please obtain the following forms from the Parish Office, Catechetical Office or click here to download.
You may wish to type directly into this form before printing it. To do so, please download the form into your computer before typing.
|Form B||For children who are registering for Catechism in COTT for the first time.|
|Children who are attending Catechism in COTT this year will be given the re-registration form (Form A) by their Catechists.|
Results for the registration exercise will be made known on 17 December 2018 . Please keep a look out for announcements during mass, in the Parish’s bulletin and in this website.
- Participate / be part of the catechetical programme;
- Ensure that their child/children attains at least 75% attendance;
- Ensure that their child/children attend mass regularly;
- Encourage child/children to go for regular confessions
We are looking for…
- Catechists / Catechist Assistants (with or without experience);
- Musicians to support our Catechetical Programme;
- Trained Professionals in handling children with special needs or Volunteers with experience in handling children with special needs;
- Catechetical Administrators; and
- Parent Volunteers
Training will be provided for all Catechists joining COTT.
Interested? Please e-mail us at [email protected]
To contact us, please e-mail to [email protected]
The Catechetical Office will be closed until 16 Feb 2019. In the meantime, please email to us for any enquiries.
Catechetical Office (level 5, room 5.2) Operating Hours :
Saturday – 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
Sunday – 8.30am to 10.30am
Closed when catechism is not in session.